Effective April 7, 2021
“Protected health information” as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), including information you provide to Groups Recover, Inc. while being treated as a patient is separate and subject to the HIPAA NOTICE  .
- Personal Information
- Our Use of Information
We use the information we obtain from or about you to help us operate the Site and personalize and improve your experience with the Site and/or the App and to make certain features, service, activities or functionalities available to you. For example, we may use information we collect (including Personal Information) to:
● Create an account in order to receive services from Groups;
● Provide you with services that you request;
● Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information (via email, SMS text message, push notification or the postal service) about features and enhancements of the Site or App;
● Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
● Send you newsletters and other communications;
● Optimize or improve our services and operations;
● Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
● Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site or/or App and Site and/or App usage, including analysis of which content or images users click on or hover over and analysis of which email messages were opened or acted upon when Groups sends email messages.We may use and store information about you that we receive from other sources to enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience with the Site and/or App.
- Disclosure of Information
Groups occasionally has third-party contractors, and agents and other vendors and service providers that provide services to Groups, such as credit card processing, marketing, database hosting, web analytics, and providing customer service. These entities may have access to Personal Information in order to perform their functions. We do not authorize them to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
Legally Compelled Disclosures
Groups may disclose Personal Information to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so under law (including under a reasonable interpretation of the law), including, without limitation, in response to court orders and subpoenas.Emergency Situations
Groups may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law; (b) protect and defend its rights or property, the Site and/or the App or its users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of Groups, its users, and others.Affiliated Entities
We may disclose Personal Information and other information collected from you to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and/or affiliates.Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
- Records Retention
Groups retains your Personal Information for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected and used, unless a longer period is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation.
We make commercially reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Information secure using appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to prevent against unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access accidental destruction and loss. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure, however. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Groups to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully, including in the case of your contacting Groups by email or a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site and/or the App. Accordingly, though Groups may take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to the Site and/or the App, due to the nature of the internet, Groups cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on its system or otherwise in its care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
This is not a website directed to children under the age of 13, and Groups does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not use this Site or the App, and under no circumstance should you provide personally identifiable information to Groups.
- Local Law
- Communication and Contact
We may need to contact you in relation to services offered by Groups. Certain communications may be of a sensitive nature and could include your medical information. If you share with another person or people a phone, email address or home address, other people may intercept or view communications, and that such an event is outside the control of Groups. Please see our SMS Privacy Statement for further information related to SMS messages. You may withdraw types of communication consent at any time by contacting Groups.
Groups Recover Together — SMS Privacy Statement
Effective April 7, 2021
For this Statement, “Personal Information” shall include any information we collect from you to facilitate the SMS Service, including your mobile data.
What Personal Information is Collected About You?
We, our third party service providers, collect your name and mobile phone number in order to provide the SMS Service to you.
How is your Personal Information Used?
We, and our third party service provider, use your Personal Information to: a) provide the SMS Service to you; b) improve the SMS Service; c) contact you with announcements or messages; and/or d) conduct research.
How is your Personal Information Disclosed?
We will share your Personal Information with our third party service provider to facilitate the SMS Service. We will never sell your mobile data to any third party, and we will never share your Personal Information with any third party who does not explicitly require it to perform the SMS Service. We may use or disclose your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- When we have your consent
- We need to enforce our SMS Terms of Service
- To third party service providers for processing on our behalf, including to facilitate the SMS Service. When this is done, it is subject to agreements that obligate such third parties to process information only on behalf of Groups at our explicit direction
- To any affiliated entities, including parents or subsidiaries or other affiliates
- To respond to a legally presented subpoena or court order; or to establish our legal rights or to defend against legal claims
- We believe it is necessary to share to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or illegal activities, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or otherwise as required by law
We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties without notice to you.
Groups takes precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Information, including ensuring that our third party service providers protect the security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or other unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the SMS Service, your Personal Information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under the control of Groups (such as third party SMS delivery platforms or your carrier network).
Opt In and Opt Out
You may opt into or out of the SMS Service in accordance with the SMS Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the SMS Service, such as announcements and administrative messages, without first offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Children and Intended Audience
The SMS Service is not intended for children under 13, and Groups does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
The SMS Service is intended for residents of the United States only.